Thursday, November 28, 2013

AV YMCA Turkey Trot

This morning I ran the Antelope Valley YMCA Turkey Trot. This is the 5th year they have been hosting this run and it gets bigger every year. 

I couldn't find a Thanksgiving shirt so I made my own. You can see how here


Packet pick up was last night at the Y. I was able to pick up my shirt and goodie bag but unfortunately they didn't have the bibs yet. 

The goodie bags were ok. 


The shirt is a cotton shirt. 


There are sponsers listed on the back. 


I got to the Y around 7:30 this morning and had to stand in line to get my bib. It took about 10 minutes. Timing was chipped so that was nice. 


They let people register this morning and due to an overwhelming amount of people not everyone got a chipped bib. 


After a few announcements we were off. We got started about 20 minutes late. 


We ran around the park and through a few neighborhoods. It was cold this morning!  I managed to finish in a decent time. 

Here's how my Nike app compared to their chip timing. 




After we finished we received a bottle of water and they had orange slices avaliable. 


Overall this was an enjoyable event that I look forward to each Thanksgiving. It's nice to see more and more people participating each year.


No comments:

Post a Comment