Wednesday, November 27, 2013

...DIY Thanksgiving Turkey Shirt

Tomorrow morning I’m running the Antelope Valley YMCA’s annual Turkey Trot.  I wanted a Thanksgiving shirt to wear but I couldn’t find one anywhere!  After looking up shirts online, and deciding I didn’t want to pay very much for a shirt I was just going to run a 5K in, I decided to make one my self.

 

This was my inspiration.


 

I purchased a few pieces of felt at Michael’s and got the shirt at Wal-Mart for $5.  



I used household items to cut out the head, and eyes.  The nose was just the corner of the felt square and the waddle I cut out free hand.





I used Aleene’s fabric glue to glue all the pieces together.  




After about an hour I glued the whole thing on to the shirt.

 


I just hope it stays together for the run! 

3 comments:

  1. That is so cute, you are really creative! I hope it holds up for your race and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool. I do not have a crafty bone in my body. I am always jealous of people who can sew and do these types of projects. Make sure to take lots of before and after photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute shirt! It turned out great! Good luck on your race tomorrow and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete