Thursday, October 11, 2018

Day 3 - Cabo San Lucus

Monday, September 10, 2018

Today is our first port of call.  We are in Cabo San Lucus!

We woke up around 9:00am.  I had hung the room service order on the door the night before so our light breakfast (and coffee!) was delivered around 9:15am.  I just had cereal and Henry had a bagel with cream cheese.  In case you didn't know, room service is included in the price of the cruise.

I took my coffee out to our secret deck and and enjoyed the view of Cabo while getting my daily dose of caffeine.

We got off the boat at 10:30am.  Cabo is a tendered port which means we don't actually dock.  We stay anchored out in the water and take a tender boat to shore.

Once we made it to land we decided to take the glass bottom boat tour out to the famous arch.  This cost us $15 each.

We saw lots of fish!

The boat tour was about an hour.  After that we walked around and shopped.  We explored the mall which was just as expensive as any mall in California.

About this time the clouds started coming in.

After our exploring it was time for lunch.  We had tacos and margaritas at Cabo Wabo the restaurant owned by musician Sammy Hager.

We walked around some more and did some tequila tasting.

That's a fish pedicure behind the statue!

Then it was time for another margarita.  We hung out and watched the marina. 


By this time it had started to rain with thunder and lightening.  It was really humid!  

This was a shortest amount of time at a port.  We had to be back on the ship by6:00pm.

Carnival had ice water set out for us as we waited for the tender boat back to the ship.

View of the Splendor from the tender boat.

After we got back on board we showered and then hung out on our secret deck for a bit before we headed up to the Lido deck for some pizza and ice cream.  Henry had a burger and fries.


I love the atrium!

After we ate it was time to relax in the spa.  When we returned to our room at 8:15pm it had been cleaned and we had another towel animal along with the next day's Fun Times. 

Our room steward also brought us an ice bucket for our wine.

We headed to the dining room for dinner. I tried the braised rabbit for my appetizer as well as the vegetable spring rolls.  I also had the tostodo de pollo.  Everything was really good.

Once again we had dancing and singing waiters.

We were done with dinner around 9:30pm and called it an early night since we knew we wanted to get up and off the ship early the next day.

I took this picture looking over the side of the ship.

Here is a copy of this day's Fun Times.  As you can see there are actives even on port days.  Some people choose not to get off the ship.



No comments:

Post a Comment